Second Skin Ltd complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual. This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information. This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect to enhance your overall experience on our website.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
Collecting personal information
Wherever possible, we will collect personal information about you from you directly. We collect personal information about you in a number of ways:
- Via website cookies when you visit our website;
- Through any registration or subscription process (e.g. when you register to sell with us or subscribe to our emails);
- Through any contact you have with us (e.g. telephone call or email);
- When you enter a competition;
- When you buy or use our products and services;
We will only collect information about you from third parties where you have authorised us to do so or where the information is publicly available.
How we use your personal information
We use your information in a number of ways, including but not limited to:
- verifying your identity;
- providing services and products to you;
- marketing our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose, or using Facebook or Google to advertise to you);
- improving the services and products that we provide to you;
- billing you and collecting money from you, including authorising and processing credit card transactions;
- where you have sold items through us, making payments to you;
- delivering goods to you;
- responding to communications from you, including complaints;
- conducting surveys;
- protecting and/or enforcing our legal rights and interests, including defending any claims you may make against us; and
- any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
You do not have to provide your personal information to us. However, without certain information, we may be unable to provide services to you, such as deliver your online orders or respond to your enquiries.
Disclosing your personal information
We do not sell or rent your information to third parties. However, we may disclose your personal information to other companies and individuals we employ or contract to perform functions or services on our behalf, for example to:
- fulfil orders;
- ship packages;
- send postal mail, emails or texts;
- provide marketing assistance, online advertising e.g. using Facebook, Instagram or Google;
- analyse data;
- process credit card payments;
- maintain our underlying IT systems;
- provide customer services;
- provide us with legal services and auditing.
Any third parties that we disclose your personal information to will only have access to the personal information required for them to perform these functions. They may not use your information for any other purposes.
Examples of third parties we may share your personal information to include:
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority);
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency);
- courier services;
- our lawyers; and
- any other person authorised by you.
What types of emails will I receive from Second Skin? Can I unsubscribe from these emails?
Upon opting in to receiving communications for us, you may receive emails from us including newsletters and special offers. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can opt out at any time by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any emails from us.
Our website uses “cookies”, which are small data files that are stored on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies enable you to shop on our websites and may be used in a variety of ways to enhance or personalise your online browsing and shopping experience. You may disable cookies by changing the settings on your browser, although this may mean that you cannot use all of the features of the website.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuses.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at email@example.com. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).