We can't wait to sell your resale-friendly items on your behalf! To set yourself up for selling success, have a read of the following information and FAQs.
Not every product will be your favourite. And that's OK.
We give resale-friendly skincare, haircare, beauty and fragrance items a chance to be loved by selling them on your behalf.
You get up to 60% of the sale price (excl. GST) and we do the work to your accepted items to their new home.
It's free to sell with us and there are no hidden costs. All you need to cover is getting your items to us.
We only sell brand new or gently used products that are resale-friendly.
Get friendly with our criteria so you know exactly the condition we expect your items to be in, as well as the items we do not accept and sell.
For example, we don't want to see any used mascaras or open jars of moisturiser.
Pricing & Commission
Accepted items will be priced at what we believe to be a fair market value, taking into consideration the following:
- The price it's selling for from the brand or retailer.
- Its overall condition.
- Whether it's opened or not, and how much product is remaining.
- How much shelf-life is left.
- Demand for the item.
Your commission is based on the price each individual product sells for (excl. GST).
- $1 - $64.99 50% of the sale price
- $65+ 60% of the sale price
Getting your items to us
After completing an online selling form, you'll need to organise getting your items to us so we can assess and process them.
We offer multiple ways to suit you:
- Drop them off to our warehouse in Grey Lynn.
- Courier them using your preferred company.
- Purchase a Selling Kit, which includes a return courier label and packaging to send your products in.
Keeping Track of Your Items
Accepted items are listed on our website for a total of 10 weeks.
- Six weeks at full price
- Two weeks at 25% off
- Two weeks at 50% off
We'll give you a login to your Selling Account to view your accepted items, earnings and payouts.
As well, you will be notified by email throughout the selling process.
After your items have been processed, you will have the following options for any unaccepted items:
- Pick them up
- Pay for shipping to have them returned
- Leave them with us to dispose of safely with our TerraCycle Zero Waste Box™
If you opt to pick up any unaccepted items or have them returned, we ask that you do so within 10 working days from the date your items have been processed.
We do not donate unaccepted items. As we have determined them unfit for resale, they aren't fit for anyone else.
Pop over to our online selling form to complete.
This is where you'll fill out some basic contact info, declare any opened products you are wanting to sell and agree to our Terms of Selling.
Provided they are resale-friendly, yes. We accept the following:
Gently used products within their period after opening that come in the following packaging:
- Tube or bottle (with or without a pump)
- Dropper bottle
- Airless Jar
- Pressed powder compact or palette
Liquid-based products must have at least 70% left and powder-based products must not have been used more than two times.
- Opened but unused cream-based makeup (lipstick, cream contour, blush, eyeshadow).
Yes. Absolutely yes!
We cannot process any opened items without the month and year they were opened.
If you are unsure or cannot remember when they a product of yours was opened, then that likely means it won't meet our resale-friendly criteria.
If you've had a read through of our resale-friendly criteria and are still unsure about a product of yours, please flick us an email with the following information about the product and we'll be happy to help!
- Brand and product name
- If it is opened or not, and when it was opened (month and year)
- How much product is remaining (if opened)
Selling Kits have moved! After completing your online selling form, scroll down the page to purchase a Selling Kit.
Once your products have been uploaded to our website, we'll send you an email with information about activating your Selling Account to view your products and earnings.
Seven days after your product has sold, you can request a payout for it.
As we are consignment-based, payments are only made after products sell. You can check your products and earnings in your Selling Account.
Complete the payout form. We process valid payouts within 3 business days of the request.
1. Second Skin Ltd (we, us, our) acts as a service provider to the Seller.
2. We will inspect the items the Seller has provided to sell on their behalf. Only items that meet our Resale-Friendly Criteria will be accepted for sale.
3. We aim to process items sent to us within no more than 15 working days after receiving them.
4. We will determine the actual selling price and sell the accepted items on behalf of the Seller. The actual selling price is determined by the original RRP, condition, and age of the item.
5. We reserve the right to offer additional discounts and promotions during the ten-week Selling Period without notice to the Seller.
6. The Seller will receive a commission of the sale price excluding GST (Seller's Commission). Seller's Commission is based on the price (excl. GST) the item has sold for and will operate as follows:
(a) $1 - $64.99 = 50% of the sale price (excl. GST)
(b) $65+ = 60% of the sale price (excl. GST)
7. Accepted items are listed online for a total of ten weeks. The pricing will operate as follows:
(a) Six (6) weeks at full price
(b) Two (2) weeks at 25% off the full price
(c) Two (2) weeks at 50% off the full price
8. We will provide the Seller with an online Selling Account to keep track of accepted items and earnings. Only accepted items will be uploaded to the Selling Account.
9. If the Seller selects not to have unaccepted items returned, the unaccepted items will be responsibly disposed of.
10. If the Seller selects to have unaccepted items returned, the Seller will have 10 working days to collect their items or provide their return address. Any costs of shipping for the unaccepted item(s) to be returned will be deducted from the Seller's Selling Account.
11. Payouts can be requested by the Seller 7 days after an item has sold. The Seller can check their sold items and account balance in their Selling Account. It is the sole responsibility of the Seller to keep track of their account balance and to request a payout.
12. We will process the Seller's payout to their nominated bank account within 3 working days of a valid payout request made by the Seller.
13. Accepted items that are listed on www.secondskin.nz may be withdrawn by the Seller. There is an $8.00 administrative fee per withdrawn item that will be deducted from the Seller's Selling Account. The Seller will need to collect their items or provide their return address. Any costs of shipping for the withdrawn item(s) to be returned will be deducted from the Seller's Selling Account.
14. We will exercise reasonable care with items sent to us at all times. However, items are only processed on the basis that the Seller accepts all risk of loss or damage while items are with us.
15. We are not responsible if items sent to us go missing or are damaged by a courier. In the event that a package is damaged on arrival, we will communicate this to the Seller as soon as practical.
17. The Seller agrees to indemnify us for any loss, costs, or damages that may arise directly or indirectly as a result of any faulty or defective item listed or sold on the Seller's behalf.
18. Notwithstanding the previous clauses, we will not be liable for any losses, costs, expenses or damages that exceed the listed price for the item.
19. We reserve the right to make changes to the consignment process at any time.
Terms of Selling - August 2023
We'll be in touch with you at the end of the selling period. If you have any items that haven't sold, you will have the option to:
- Pick them up
- Pay for shipping to have them returned
- Keep them online for a further reduced amount
You may. However, there is an $8.00 administrative fee per withdrawn item that will be deducted from your Selling Account to cover our expenses of uploading the item.
You will need to collect your withdrawn items or pay for shipping to have them returned.
A period after opening is the number of months a product is good for after it has been opened. You can learn more here.
We are a locally owned small business doing our best for you to have a great selling experience.
Please take the time to read through our selling information, criteria and terms before selling with us.